The Financial Management Scholars Program (FMSP) is a paid internship that may lead to a post-graduation employment offer as a Financial Institution Specialist, a three and a half year training program leading to professional certification as a commissioned Financial Institution Examiner.Learn more about this agency
Financial Management Scholars (FMS) will be assigned to the Division of Risk Management Supervision (RMS). FMS will work directly on teams of experienced FDIC employees to evaluate bank operations, business planning, and risk management strategies. These teams are responsible for assessing financial institutions to determine whether they are following safe and sound banking practices, maintaining effective internal controls and procedures, managing their institutions effectively, and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Under the direction and supervision of an Examiner or Assistant examiner of higher grade, FMS will also:
- Consolidate Reports of Conditions and Income.
- Review accounts for overdrafts, prepaid expenses, and other miscellaneous assets.
- Assist in assessing the adequacy of related insurance coverage.
- Review adequacy of fidelity and other indemnity protection.
- Assist in evaluating the adequacy of the insured depository institution procedures and internal routine controls.
- Assist in the preparation of information requisite to a thorough analysis of the earnings of an institution.
- Prepare drafts of schedules, exhibits, and comments for inclusion in the completed report of examination.
- Conduct audit test checks on income and expense accounts, computing and reconciling Capital Accounts and reconciling cash.
- Review liquidity including the analysis of fluctuations in loans, securities, deposits, and borrowings.
- Verify securities and other investments borrowings and other liabilities, and assigned collateral, pledged assets, and safe keeping items.
- Participate in other phases of an examination as assigned.
75% or less - Very frequent overnight travel, up to 4 nights per week (most locations).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574982900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.