The Office of Audit (OA) is responsible for conducting and supervising audits relating to the Department of Labor’s programs and operations; recommending policies for activities designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the Department’s programs and operations; and preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in these programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises a staff of DOL auditors and/or program analysts, and related positions in grades GS-5 through GS-l4 and delegates responsibility and accountability to subordinate supervisory personnel. The AD: (a) participates with team leaders and auditors-in-charge in determining the scope of audit and developing and adjusting audit guides when necessary to meet special or unusual circumstances, (b) participates in entrance and closeout audit conferences with auditees (city, county, state and/or DOL officials) to present the audit objectives and findings developed during the course of the audit, and (c) makes the final review of draft and final audit reports to determine if they meet OIG reporting standards and are ready to be signed by the AIGA.
- Subject to the annual audit plan, determine audit program goals and objectives and develops workload and staffing plans allocating available audit resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manages personnel and administrative matters
- Recommends or develops and implements organizational changes including periodic rotation of staff responsibilities to adjust for staffing balances and capabilities, workload changes, and special assignments.
- Participates in the annual and long-range planning efforts, providing input on goals and needs by identifying and recommending audit ideas which are reflected in the Office of Audit Annual Workplan.
Occasional travel - Subject to travel of 20% or greater.
15 - The position is at the full performance level
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574918000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.