In this position, you will be responsible for on-site supervision, as well as conducting long-range budget and personnel forecasting and working with private sector managers on a full range of technical issues. Your work assignments require efficiency of staffing to keep costs to the industry as low as possible. Also, you would be responsible for ensuring that graders and technicians are utilized in an efficient and effective manner.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical on-the-job instructions and determines the accuracy and proficiency of Federal and licensed graders' interpretations and application of Federal standards.
- Identifies, schedules, and provides training for all official personnel through officially established procedures.
- Directs and coordinate the operations of work units of various sizes in export locations in the areas assigned.
- Supervises field supervisors and employees, providing direction, feedback, and monitoring performance.
- Participates with program management in administering the Field Office's annual budget.
- Implementing Grain Inspection's safety program and serves as a point of contact for field shift supervisors and trade representatives to ensure that all employees work in a safe environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574827800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.