This position is with the Office of the Inspector General , INVESTIGATIVE SUPPORT DIVISION - OPS, CCU, IMU, in Herndon, Virginia. As an Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) of the Computer Crimes Unit (CCU), Supervisory Criminal Investigator you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and guiding a national computer crimes investigation program including data and forensic analysis and possess expert-level skills in computer crimes investigative techniques, tools, and practices.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-14, you will perform the following major duties:
- Supervise a staff of Criminal Investigators and Information Technology Specialists to conduct forensic media analysis and computer crimes investigations regarding allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement;
- Plan, implement and guide a national computer crimes investigation program including data and forensic analysis;
- Identify and recover evidentiary data from various network-based systems or stand-alone devices via the utilization of advanced investigative automated tools or techniques;
- Review, edit, and approve reports of investigations to ensure they are in accordance with OIG policy and clearly communicate the results; and
- Provide presentations, briefings or reports to the Inspector General, General Counsel, Assistant Inspector General for Investigations or other DOI or OIG leaders.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574077600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.