This position is located on the Cleveland National Forest, with a duty station of Alpine, CA.Learn more about this agency
This position serves on a Forest Service unit as a zone ecologist performing complex ecological projects or studies covering the full range of ecological work within a forest or several forests.
For additional information, please contact Jeff Heys @ 619-240-5797; Jeffrey.email@example.com or Nicole Molinari @ 805-305-1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct projects and/or studies that cover a full range of ecological work within the Forest (e.g. vegetation, soil, wildlife, endangered species, fire) to support natural resource management.
- Develop and formulate plans for investigations and analyses of complex projects, which require field sampling, mapping, and sophisticated data analysis to inform forest management.
- Make recommendations for ecological investigations that reference local land management needs, concern for resources, and management issues that may arise.
- Use a holistic approach to integrate a wide range of resource management and planning concepts, principles and practices to achieve ecological relationships in forest management.
- Evaluate and summarize ecological studies of vegetation, soil, and environmental characteristics to produce ecological synthesis which results in recommendations to land managers.
- Participate in formulating Region, Zone and/or local unit policy as it relates to environmental management.
- Prepare environmental inventories, impact statements, and analyze the ecological impact of specific plans written by others.
- Conduct environmental assessments and survey or site investigations to provide specific information in the form of plans of study, scope of work and cost estimates.
- Exchange information of a technical nature with other professionals in or related to the disciplines and provide clear and factual information regarding ecological and environmental concerns.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573786500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.