You will be responsible for conducting and managing economic and financial analyses required for assigned studies and research projects.
This posting establishes an Open Continuous 12-month Direct Hire announcement. Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis.Learn more about this agency
As an Economist at the full performance level, you will:
- Define projects based on problems identified by research sponsors, management or senior staff, and plan the study, coordinate the execution and report on the outcome.
- Conduct economic research, analyze and interpret economic data, develop estimates of benefits and report the results of findings under the guidance of a senior Economist.
- Conduct surveys to obtain economic data, relate previously submitted data to current conditions, and determine the relations of pertinent economic factors for well-defined projects.
- Communicate and present economic concepts and quantitative data, orally and in writing, especially to non-technical audiences and work collaboratively with other economists and with senior level executives.
- Serve on interdisciplinary teams as a member or as a working team leader.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys and excels at applied, data-driven research. Flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and a willingness to take initiative will help to find-or to create-the projects that analyze data using relevant economic methods, such as market assessment, benefit-cost, or other economic analysis, and identifying implications of the findings as they relate to a transportation-related issue. Flexibility to adjust your analyses in your policy conversations with your leadership and others involved will ensure your research is effective in shaping policy choices. Good time-management skills to enable you to juggle inevitably competing and changing demands and priorities in a dynamic economic policy environment.
Occasional travel - Some travel will be required.
13 - Career-ladder promotion potential varies by agency and position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573776500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.