SummaryThe Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) provides an innovative work environment for its employees. As a Senior Leader, you are expected to possess team, management, and leadership skills needed to lead a dynamic and growing organization. The management skills will enhance overall performance and productivity of the staff while creating a vibrant work culture. To learn more about the CTP, please visit the following link: https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/AboutCTP/default.htm.Learn more about this agency
- Performs work and leadership in the development of CTP's regulatory responsibilities related to the planning, execution, and coordination of nationwide programs and policies regarding the regulation of tobacco products intended for human use.
- Advises the Center Director and other FDA officials on legal, administrative, and regulatory requirements and policies concerning FDA's regulatory responsibilities relating to the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.
- Leads, participates in, and contributes to, as appropriate, top level Center, Agency, and Department discussions, meetings, and conferences on broad regulatory matters and issues.
- Monitors, coordinates, and advises the Center Director on new or revised policy related to the regulatory responsibilities of the CTP.
- Advises the Center Director, senior FDA officials, and others on regulatory and policymaking activities that affect Center-wide programs, projects, and initiatives, or have an impact on the development and execution of long-range program goals.
- Develops, prepares, and presents authoritative memoranda, briefings, position papers, and other materials concerning substantive questions, issues, findings, conclusions, and proposed solutions and suggested courses of action
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of the Center Director's strategic priorities, and provides leadership developing and implementing regulations and guidance documents, developing adequate administrative records to support the Center's activities.
- Exercises leadership, analytical skills, and judgment in discussions, meetings, and conferences with top level Center, Agency, and Departmental officials, industry representatives, program directors, subject matter experts and others.
- Secures and provides information concerning ongoing or proposed activities that may affect the conduct, coordination, execution, or administration of Center policies and programs; discusses questions and problems.
- Participates in providing executive leadership to the Center in formulating, developing, and shaping CTP's policies, programs, projects, and legislative initiatives or recommendations, including its short- and long-range goals.
- Manages the process of obtaining the appropriate clearances of the Center's regulations and guidance documents from the Agency, the Department, and OMB.
- Serves as the Director, Office of Regulations overseeing staff and work of the Office.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572721200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.