This position is located on the Nebraska National Forest and Grasslands on the Buffalo Gap National Grassland in Wall, SD.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent is responsible for program planning, presentation and oversight of the interpretive and conservation education program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Alex Grant at Alex.email@example.com or at 605-279-2125.
- Provide oversite of a large natural resource programs such as education, tourism and conservation.
- Provide oversight and/or leadership for the interpretive and educational programming, special events and daily operations of the Visitors Center.
- Ensure training is provided to staff and volunteers to enable them to fully perform their duties.
- Develop written materials for the public to educate and inform including but not limited to articles, pamphlets, and education materials.
- Design materials that includes defining the audience needs and interests, theme development, subject research and text writing and editing.
- Participate in short/long-term strategic planning for the center?s conservation education, interpretive and visitors center programs.
- Plans, design educational information to schools, tourist, and other outside parties.
- Oversee exhibit loan policy to endure professional standards are met for artifact storage, packing, shipping and security are being met.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit's work.
- Analyze effectiveness and appeal of program to programs offered at a public information office.
- Develop and/or maintain relationships with partner organizations to facilitate program support and delivery.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for training, meetings, or site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572344300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.