This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Environmental Satellite, Data & Information Service (NESDIS), Office of Projects, Planning, and Analysis (OPPA) with 1 vacancy in Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
As a Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Act as the Project Scientist for National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Space Weather Follow-On (SWFO) mission and advocate for NOAA on space weather issues and policies.
- Chair the SWFO Algorithm Working Group and Product Team(s) and oversee operational space weather product definition and development.
- Ensure SWFO and future space weather instruments, missions and products fulfill NOAA space weather requirements.
- Interface with the user, and science community including, National Weather Service (NWS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and other stakeholders to ensure NOAA space weather products support user and stakeholder needs.
- Define and oversee verification and validation campaigns for space weather instrument Integration and Test (I&T) as well as Post-launch Test and on-orbit calibration (Cal/Val).
Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic and foreign travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572174400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.