This position is located in the Alexandria, VA Office of the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General for Overseas Contingency Operations (ODIG OCO). The incumbent performs program analyst duties related to the Lead Inspector General (Lead IG) mission.Learn more about this agency
A Program Analyst demonstrates professional judgement and complies with the standards of the position. Develops analysis, methodologies, and schedules; examines transactions and supporting documentation; and analyzes databases relevant to the project and assigned tasks. Duties include:
- Research applicable laws, directives and other regulatory material to gain audit knowledge.
- Develop and contribute to audit guides and perform audit work within the established guidelines
- Produce comprehensive reports of audit data collected.
- Maintain security and accountability of classified information.
- Perform reviews and technical assessment of Department of Defense (DoD) programs functions and missions.
- Assign and provide instructions to team members; training and reviewing work products.
- Gathering data, reviewing documents, conducting site visits and interviewing staff.
- Provide and justify recommendations and conclusions; defining corrective actions and defending or coordinating recommendations as required.
- Research relevant law, regulation and policy in evaluations and assessments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572102800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.