This position is part of the R6-Missouri River Coordinator Office as a Fish and Wildlife Biologist.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is being advertised concurrently under R6-20-10841859-ED-DE and is open to all qualified individuals. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
This position will be located at one of the following duty locations:
Kansas City, Missouri
Bismarck, North Dakota
Pierre, South Dakota
Yankton, South Dakota
As a Fish and Wildlife Biologist you will provide Service leadership, continuity, and coordination for the Missouri River management and restoration program within Service Regions 3 and 6 along 2,300 miles of the Missouri River. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with other Service offices, other Federal agencies, affected States, the public, and private organizations to formulate strategies for the development and implementation of proper management activities for fish and wildlife resources on the Missouri River.
- Serve as primary point of contact for pallid sturgeon and participate in the operation of the stakeholder group for Missouri River Recovery Implementation Committee (MRRIC); maintain close coordination and communication with Missouri River Coordinator, Pallid Sturgeon Recovery Coordinator, and Regional Director's office regarding MRRIC developments.
- Serve as primary point of contact and participant on Fish Workgroup and associated decision support and governance activities pertaining to the Missouri River Recovery Management Plan (MRRMP); maintain close coordination and communication with Missouri River Coordinator and Regional Director's office regarding MRRMP developments.
- Cooperate with US Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), serving as co-lead in managing the adaptive management program for the MRRMP.
- Represent the Missouri River Coordinator and, as require, serve as the Region 6 representative to the Missouri River Basin Interagency Roundtable, river corridor working groups, and other organizations or meetings regarding Missouri River activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel to attend meetings, training, or to perform field work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571978000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.