About the Position: The Anniston Army Depot is located in Anniston, Alabama in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain chain half way between Atlanta, Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama just off interstate 20. The Depot is the largest employer in Calhoun County with Approximately 4000 employees.Learn more about this agency
The initial cut-off date for referral consideration is the 15th of the month and thereafter, every 15 days as vacancies occur.
- Apply a wide range of HR concepts, regulations and practices in the areas of classification. (Such as proper structure of organization, analyze and classify positions, explain standards, classification decisions, complaint and appeals process, etc.
- Apply a wide range of HR concepts, principle, laws, regulations and practices in the areas of recruitment and placement.
- Consult with managers, supervisors, employees, etc. to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, etc. on various HR functions. Use of current HR database systems to query, retrieve and analyze information. (Such as DCPDS, BOXI, ASARS, etc.)
- Use of HR examining systems for recruitment and placement - USA-Staffing to include wage grade. Studies and advises managers and supervisors on staffing requirements, resources, and problems in assigned offices involving a high degree of complexity.
- Advise management on recruitment strategies, sources, special programs, recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs.
- Develop long and short range staffing plans to meet forecasted mission requirements, human capital losses, changes in critical competencies, availability of candidates, career development patterns, and reorganization proposals.
- Provide guidance on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices and use of valid selection criteria, and other approaches that may help in staffing the organization and in improving employee productivity, morale, and retention.
- Execute recruitment, placement, RIF, and related programs for assigned organizations. Takes appropriate steps/actions to appoint, promote, detail, reassign, demote, transfer, RIF, etc., in accordance with established policies, regulations.
- Research qualifications/ skills needed to conduct job analyses with subject matter experts to distinguish well qualified applicants, the ability to learn the job in reasonable periods of time. Analyzes and classifies individual position descriptions
- Determine the correct classification by comparison to existing standards related to the work, and prepares necessary evaluation statements.
- Determine the responsibilities and extent of authority of the position in relation to other positions, which may seem to overlap.
- Explain the standards, classification decisions, impact of designated duties on classification, and complaint and appeal procedures to employees, supervisors, and operating officials or managers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570478400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.