The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is seeking a technical expert to advance the shared understanding of how to best implement the opportunities presented by Emerging Technology. The role will provide technical expertise in developing solutions for real-world, large-scale problems using technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation at the USPTO.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being posted under USPTO's Merit Promotion Program vacancy announcement OCIO-2020-0005.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Emerging Technology Technical Expert of Emerging Technology will be responsible for leading and delivering the following essential functions:
- Provide expert technical advice to CIO and DCIO and participate in high-level decision-making regarding Emerging Technology infrastructure/architecture throughout the enterprise, including expert knowledge of state-of-the-art approaches.
- Provide leadership on the reporting, analysis, technology, and governance recommendations to accelerate integration of emerging technologies across the enterprise and deliver platform resilience.
- Collaborate with product and operations teams to identify and capture innovative technology solutions and drive the design execution from concept to completion. This will result in a technology/capability pipeline that services current and future capabilities for the mission of Patents and Trademark operations.
- Demonstrate capabilities of knowledge representation, learning and search, graph/ontology/taxonomy experts to design and maintain knowledge representations or metadata structures and apply these in learning processes, knowledge storage, search, navigation, and retrieval.
- Lead strategy engagements with mission critical internal business units to create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps to operationalize Emerging Technology and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader endgame, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact.
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships with senior leadership as an advisor on Emerging Technology.
- Conduct proofs of concept and pilots. Participate in the development of project charters and business cases to describe and quantify the benefits of applying new technologies and process methodologies. Contribute to enterprise strategy projects including internal business consulting, process design work, and the application of Lean digital and Lean design thinking methodologies to business operations.
- Advise and evaluate requirements for IT procurement solicitations related to Emerging Technologies.
- Identify and communicate tangible business benefits and oversee the preparation of step-by-step transition guides to ensure successful adoption and implementation of new methodologies.
- Meet with external stakeholders, gather feedback, and design flexible solutions to unite conflicting stakeholder views.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel will be necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570379800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.