This position is located in the Office of Library Services (OLS) and serves as a Program Specialist. The incumbent will participate in grants management work involving Federal grants and cooperative agreements, and provide grants-related guidance and services to both applicants and awardees.Learn more about this agency
If selected for the Program Specialist position, the incumbent will work on various phases of the receipt and processing of library grant applications as well as the monitoring and assessing of awardee performance.
Typical work assignments will include:
- Provides technical support in reviewing grants applications, annual reports, and required forms for the fulfillment of financial prerequisites and compliance with standard policies or regulations. Assists in researching administrative and regulatory citations and liaising with grant applicants and grantees as needed.
- Coordinates the finalization and dissemination of grant documents. Assists with processing grant applications and contacting grant applicants.
- Coordinates the peer review of grant applications and provides technical assistance to reviewers.
- Works closely with program staff and other agency staff as needed to develop and deliver training workshops and presentations on grant processes, requirements, and other matters.
- Responds to external and internal inquiries. Provides general guidance regarding basic program requirements but refers difficult questions or issues to a Program Officer. May contact grantees regarding incomplete reports or other matters as directed by program staff.
- Tracks and manages official grant files and documentation both in hardcopy and electronic format.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570303700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.