The Pharmacy Technician serves in the Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) and participates in the technical product dispensing and pharmacy operational support functions.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- May work in any of the following areas: Automated dispensing, labeling, manifesting, packing and receiving. With additional advanced training, may be authorized to work in manual fill.
- Assembling drugs and supplies. Assembles and packages drugs and supplies for mailing to patients. Knowledge of special packing techniques for various medications, e.g., narcotics, refrigerated items, bulk supplies and nutritional products are required. May also be required to manifest packages for appropriate delivery services.
- Transports stock from receiving to storage and dispensing areas.
- Assist in daily cleaning, to include emptying and/or relining the trash receptacles and breaking down cardboard boxes and preparing for disposal and/or recycling.
- Recommends changes for the improvement of workflow, work methods and priorities involved.
- Report downtime problems, actions and resolutions for all interruptions in production that exceed 10 minutes.
- Accurately interpret, fills and readies prescriptions with appropriate medications and/or medical supplies for pharmacist verification.
- Assist with basic inventorying activities and checks for outdated pharmaceuticals.
- Alert appropriate personnel when automated dispensing equipment is compromised.
- Receive all pharmaceuticals including restricted pharmaceuticals e.g. controlled substances, into the inventory database, storing, and ordering pharmaceutical supplies.
- Receive supplies and checks receipts against requisitions. Checks for shortages, tampering, breakages, deterioration, and date of expiration. Selects and transports to proper storage and dispensing areas for pharmaceuticals, e.g., poisons, flammables, perishables, controlled substances, etc.
- Clean workstation and replenishes all materials needed i.e. labels, papers, bottles, etc, to perform daily duties.
- Identify, remedy and/or reports tote traffic back-ups.
- Complies with Safety, Occupational and Health Standards and Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 40 hrs/week: Monday through Friday, 2nd Shift-3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/FS#: Pharmacy Technician - FS #00004A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not available
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570057000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.