About the Position: Located at Fort Hamilton in Southern New York City. Bay Ridge Brooklyn is at the base of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, is a vibrant cultural area, and only 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since spring 1998, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are easily accessible from this location.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Supervisory Police Officer for Fort Hamilton Military Community, Directorate of Emergency Services, Police Division.
- Serves as a Shift Supervisor for the Law Enforcement force assigned under the authority of the Senior Commander at IMCOM supported installations.
- Supervisory Police Officers are responsible for responses to and investigates emergency calls, complaints and other calls for service.
- Conducts traffic law enforcement patrol using specialized equipment such as radar, Lidar and breathalyzer.
- Performs protection duties to deter, detect, and deny unauthorized access at fixed installation, internal compound, and incident perimeter posts.
- Performs supervisory and administrative duties relating to the police force.
- Provides response to interpreted messages, (e.g., broadcasts Attempt to Locate/Be on the lookout to patrols, types response to sending agency, briefs appropriate person as to content of message, etc.).
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569928000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.