The incumbent will serve as a Research Leader for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Water Efficiency and Salinity Research Unit (the Unit) at the U.S. Salinity Laboratory in Riverside, CA.Learn more about this agency
- Determine research needs and customer expectations; plan, conduct and report original research; establish Unit research priorities.
- Coordinate and direct interdisciplinary team efforts and supervising scientists within the Unit.
- Develop budgets and accounting for proper expenditure of funds and other resources assigned to the Unit.
- Manage/maintain U.S. Salinity Laboratory (USSL) facilities.
- Represent the Unit and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS) in discussions with producers, stakeholders, collaborators, other scientists, and the general public.
- Establish domestic and international cooperative research linkages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569863600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.