Come help protect our Nation's Heroes and the the VA front line staff! VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System is currently seeking those to serve as Health Aids throughout the Medical Center and it's various locations in the Las Vegas valley. The Health Aid is responsible for screening visitors to the VA facilities upon entrance. These positions will be assigned to the Nursing Service line.Learn more about this agency
The Health Aid serves as the first point of contact for many of our customers by serving at the information desk or any other area where patients and visitors would seek information. They will be located in strategic areas where patients and visitors need assistance. This may include outdoors in inclement weather and assistance will include screening visitors prior to entry into the facility.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Safely operate the parking lot shuttle.
- Respond to phone and face-to-face inquires.
- Respond to questions, provide information (when appropriate to do so) and gives guidance.
- Courteously and proactively assist potential shuttle riders across the campus, including patients in wheelchairs.
- Screen requests according to priority, referring inquiries to appropriate sources.
- Work reviewed for adherence to instructions and procedures.
- Screening visitors upon entry to VA facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Overtime/Shift/Weekend/Holiday Work Required: Yes
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Aid
Physical Requirements: Duties require extensive periods of standing and walking. Bending, carrying of light items such as papers, books or small parts. Driving of a golf cart will be required. Universal precautions are followed at all times.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569553500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.