This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for execution of research, development, test, and/or evaluation activities across one or more Laser Weapon System (LWS) components, subsystems, or systems, such as laser source design and thermal management systems.
- You will be responsible for execution of laser source design/characterization, atmospheric modeling and analysis, beam conditioning and control, optical system design, laser system modeling and simulation, high energy power and conditioning systems.
- You will execute technical analysis, design, and prototyping efforts directed toward the development of effective Laser Weapon Systems (LWSs) in one or more of the following areas: laser source design and thermal management systems.
- You will execute atmospheric modeling and analysis, beam conditioning and control, optical system design, laser system modeling and simulation, high energy power and conditioning systems and thermal management systems.
- You will apply sound engineering and scientific principles to one or more Laser Weapon System (LWS) development efforts.
- You will be a part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, technicians, and administrative personnel to develop technical products.
- You will participate in LWS development activities across the system lifecycle, including requirements definition, system design, trade analyses, prototyping, developmental testing, platform integration, and fielding.
- You will interface with systems engineering, technical experts, configuration management, and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solutions.
- You will provide subject matter expertise in your assigned technical area(s).
- You will develop technical reports, briefings, conference papers, and systems engineering technical review (SETR) artifacts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569505600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.