Thank you for your interest in working for the USACE Hydrologic Engineering Center.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates.
About the Position: At the full performance level, Computer Scientist, GS-1550-13, the duties are listed below.
First cut-off date will be 08-JUN-2020, additional referrals will be issued upon request.
- As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the candidate designs and develops custom software components and network/communication solutions and/or designs and implements software solutions.
- Responsible for a variety of software development efforts that require application of computer science and a working knowledge of computer hardware capabilities.
- Establish formal prototype and test requirements for microelectronic embedded hardware and software.
- Conduct analysis and determine approaches to meet user requirements.
- Prepare system planning and general specification documentation.
- Consult, coordinate, and attend conferences with other service activities and higher headquarters on matters pertaining to microelectronic technology development and support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569487900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.