This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC), Science Operations Division with two vacancies located in Honolulu, HI.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-PIC-2020-0034 , which is open to Status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open continuous announcement. The first referral of candidates from this announcement will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM ET, June 15th. All applications received by this date will be eligible for referral provided candidates meet all eligibility and qualification requirements and provided the responses to the assessment questions place the candidate in the best qualified group of candidates referred. Subsequent cut off dates are October 8th, 2020, February 8th, 2021, and June 7th, 2021.
As a Biological Science Technician, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist with technician support for data collection and research surveys via at-sea research vessels and shore-based field research, supporting ecosystem sciences, fisheries research and monitoring, and protected species.
- Provide assistance with general maintenance, storage, and inventory of project-specific equipment used in the laboratory or field.
- Participate in the staging and de-staging of research cruises and field operation supplies and equipment.
- Perform laboratory processing of samples, generation of descriptive products of data, and support organization and archive of samples.
- Conduct standardized quality control auditing procedures to ensure data accuracy and develop summarized results for various PIFSC internal and external reporting requirements.
25% or less - Up to 25% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569451100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.