We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As a Patent Attorney, you will:
- Provide recommendations on audit and evaluation planning around programs and processes including identification of challenges in trademark and patent programs facing the Department.
- Review technical publications and attend technical committee meetings, conferences, and Congressional hearings on intellectual property.
- Provide technical guidance to auditors and program analysts performing financial, performance, and compliance audits and evaluations to support oversight planning, audit conclusions, findings, and recommendations and ensuring that necessary information is contained within audit working papers.
- Work as a team member on patent and trademark audits and evaluations. This may include attending interviews; drafting technical interview questions; documenting meetings; analyzing technical documents; drafting supporting work papers; and drafting and reviewing audit and evaluation reports to include development of impactful findings and recommendations.
- Develop intellectual property portion of the annual Top Management and Performance Challenges Facing the Department of Commerce.
*****There is ONE position available located in either Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA. Duty Station will be determined after selection.*****
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569128100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.