The Office of the Inspector General is ranked number 1 in the best places to work in the Department of Justice and is one of the premier inspector general offices in federal government. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional employee with experience in providing superior customer service in support of our mission to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct in DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in those programs.Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position, specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of multiple engagements including planning, design, data collection and analysis, message development, final product writing, and audit follow-up.
- Providing effective supervision of multiple teams including: ( 1) proactively identifying and resolving problems impacting project goals; (2) establishing priorities and adjusting schedules to accommodate changes in requirements, resources, or priorities; (3) establishing and meeting appropriate milestones to accomplish project objectives; and (4) monitoring and enhancing processes and procedures to address evolving requirements, efficiencies, changes, and/ or constraints.
- Leading by example through initiative, creativity, and flexibility in conducting work; and through anticipating and dealing effectively with obstacles.
- Developing highly productive relationships with internal and external parties, fostering teamwork, collaboration, and coordination to accomplish goals and effectively utilize engagement resources.
- Providing guidance on the Audit Division's strategic direction to the teams and participating in setting the strategic agenda for the AIG for Auditing. Analyzing results of audits to identify patterns and trends and making recommendations for changes in agency policy and procedures to ensure program integrity.
- Managing and developing employees, including providing timely appraisals, identifying training needs, assigning appropriate workloads, reviewing completed work and providing feedback on quality and timeliness; recognizing and awarding excellence, and addressing conduct and performance issues.
- Providing an environment fostering staff development and growth.
- Demonstrating professional behavior in all interactions with others in a manner that reflects the organizational values of the OIG.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 40% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568993800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.