The incumbent serves as the Supervisory Inspector with responsibility for overseeing and directing (OIG/ISP) oversight of management programs and activities through inspections of overseas missions and domestic bureaus. S/he reports to the Director of the Management Division in OIG/Office of Inspections (ISP).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs duties and carries out continuing responsibilities for inspector including the follow:
- Supervises and provides guidance to a diverse work force including Civil Service staff, Foreign Service staff, Reemployed Annuitants (REA), and contractors. Assigns, reviews and evaluates work; evaluates and rewards performance; motivates and trains employees; identifies developmental and training needs; gives advice, instructions or counsel to employees; assesses quality and quantity of work; approves leave; and recommends selection and promotion of personnel.
- Coordinates and conducts interviews with lead Department, USAGM, and other agency officials to gather information, and reviews relevant regulations, directives, and policies. The incumbent may also assist in the preparation of survey questionnaires.
- Conducts onsite inspection activities including onsite interviews, document reviews, physical assessments, and observation of activities.
- Informs team leadership of the inspection’s progress, discusses initial findings, and consults on any issues or unusual problems that may arise. Redirects, redefines, broadens, or otherwise adjusts inspection activities to assure proper coverage of problems or issues.
- Assesses findings and supporting data; the problems that have been identified, their cases, their effects on posts’ management, and the implications on post’s operations; and the corrective actions formulated to rectify the identified deficiencies.
- Prepares and conducts briefings with senior Department and USAGM officials on complex and potentially controversial issues. Develops and maintains effective relationships when representing ISP and OIG in negotiating with Department and USAGM officials for acceptance of the inspection findings and for the resolution of any conflicts.
Occasional travel - Up to 30%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568907000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.