This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). This position is located in the Hotline Directorate for Administrative Investigations. The incumbent is responsible for entering, retrieving, analyzing, and tracking investigative data across multiple case management systems, ensures allegations are referred to the responsible DoD component or agency for examination, and manages Freedom of Information Act suspenses.Learn more about this agency
- As a Investigation Support Specialist, GS-1801-11/12, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Tracks and monitors notifications of investigative cases, preliminary inquiries, incoming and outgoing correspondence, case referrals, and reports of investigations across multiple electronic case management system.
- Analyzes investigative case files and correspondence including reports of investigation for compliance and accuracy using an electronic case management system.
- Manages FOIA suspense and tracking of correspondence including reports of investigation regarding Congressional inquiries.
- Prepares and edits interim and final Congressional correspondence, reports of investigation, and letters to other federal agencies and the public.
- Makes recommendations for strategies on reports of investigations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568872800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.