The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Citizens and Non-Citizens worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located with the Fort Hamilton School Age Center.
- Serves as a Child and Youth Services (CYS) Assistant Director of a Level 1 - 3 (small to large size) CYS Program with responsibility for assisting the supervisor in the operation of an assigned CYS program.
- Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of assigned staff and the safety and well being of children and youth IAW DoD, Army and local policies and standards.
- Prepares work schedules for assigned staff to meet ratio and group size requirements. Ensures children/youth are appropriately supervised at all times. Develops policies, procedures and SOPs to support program goals.
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with health, fire, safety, facility and program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards.
- Assists in maintaining DoD/Army certification for assigned program areas, and helps ensure program achieves and retains national accreditation or Army equivalent and maintains accreditation/Army equivalent standards.
- Initiates requests for recruitments utilizing Army CYS Standard Position Descriptions. Ensures timely submission of personnel actions. Provides training for employees as required.
- Provides appropriate staff professional recognition and/or disciplinary action. Recommends assigned staff for promotion IAW Child and Youth Personnel Pay Program (CYPPP) guidelines.
- Supports and budgets for staff annual training requirements (i.e., credentials, certifications and training for professional management staff). Assists supervisor in developing program budget. Manages assigned program areas to budget.
- Utilizes Child and Youth Management System (CYMS) to oversee the collection, accurate accounting and reporting of funds; and to collect and maintain up-to-date statistical data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Monitors food service program for assigned area ensuring compliance with all applicable Army and USDA food program policies and procedures to include proper meal components and portion sizes.
- Implements an active program of parental involvement, providing parent education opportunities and encouraging parent observation and participation.
- Recommends the procurement of supplies and equipment. Arranges for bus transportation of children/youth as required. Provides input for information papers and briefings upon request.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568832600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.