We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As an Auditor, you will:
- Apply an objective analysis and systemic evaluation to provide an independent assessment of the performance of the USPTO organization, program, activity or function.
- Study and interpret pertinent laws, legislative history, regulations, contracts, and management controls to obtain comprehensive entity information to develop audit objectives, scope and methodology.
- Conduct audits in accordance with generally accepted Government auditing standards (GAGAS) by determining audit procedures to determine the level system reliability and obtaining sufficient reliable evidence through inspection, observation, inquiries, and confirmation to provide a reasonable basis for an opinion regarding the activity under examination.
- Perform detailed testing of records and management controls to determine the degree of compliance, efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of the activity’s responsibilities and/or to determine the records tested have been maintained in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Implement the audit design from the planning phase of the audit and prepare detailed working papers to document work accomplished using auditing software in accordance with auditing standards.
These are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568824400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.