About the Position: The Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) is a small organization with a mission critical to our national defense. Our job is to process applicants for all five services into the armed forces. The job is both challenging and rewarding.For most new military service members, processing through the MEPS is the first real exposure to a military operation. For that reason, we seek customer-oriented employees with a desire to serve their country in a meaningful way.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Human Resources Assistant (MIL/OA) providing administrative support to the Reception-Administration Control Desk (RACD), Record Maintenance and Accountability, and Enlistment Processing to include fingerprinting of applications.
- Verify applicants' Emergency Data Records.
- Prepare correspondence in accordance with agency regulations.
- Utilize an automated system to fingerprint individuals.
- Assemble documents in accordance with specific military service requirements.
- Distribute applicant documents to appropriate organizations.
- Interview candidates to obtain and verify background information.
- Maintain electronic enlistment files in accordance with established regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568814800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.