This position is being announced under FEMA's Incident Management Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (IM-CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply in selections of IM-CORE employees.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you serve as the Supply Management Specialist (Ordering Unit Leader) in the Cadre Management Branch. Typical assignments include:
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining a single-point ordering tracking system and database to order all resources (personnel, teams, equipment, and Initial Response Resources);
- Participating in planning sessions and submitting functional planning information for the Planning Section's Incident Action and Coordination Plans;
- Making organizational adjustments based on the complexity of the incident, ensuring the continuity of operations and an effective closeout;
- Overseeing deployment actions of teams, determining the organizational structure in compliance with Incident Command System (ICS) requirements; and
- Supervising subordinates to ensure that correct actions are taken during demobilization.
76% or greater - IM-CORE employees are hired to work on temporary duty assignments in deployed positions anywhere that FEMA responds to a disaster declaration. FEMA has established 300 days per year as the targeted number of days of disaster duty assignments. IM-CORE employees are assigned to duty stations at their home address for pay purposes and for the location of their non-deployed work assignments, to include on-boarding related work assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568768300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.