We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Establish audit priorities for departmental programs, assess the feasibility of proposed audits in scope and format, make decisions on the number and type of audit staff necessary to complete the audit or segments of audits and determine the type and qualifications of experts or consultants to assist with audits.
- Develop audit plans and audit techniques to achieve pioneering audit efforts for department-wide programs and issues of government-wide scope as the primary focus.
- Prepare audit guidelines for departmental audits applying audit theory requiring integrated analysis of a number of different programs or accounting systems for use by the audit staff.
- Prepare standards for reporting audit results based on generally accepted governmental audit standards including the reasonableness of report conclusions, constructive tone, readability of reports, and direction, scope and depth of audit effort.
- Advise Division Director and the Assistant Inspector General for Audit and Evaluation on audit program management by providing recommendations on the conduct of department-wide audits.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568749300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.