Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. This Division Chief position is located under the BLM HQ Directorate of Resources and Planning, and provides leadership of the Division of Wild Horses and Burros (HQ-260).This position oversees the BLM's policy, budget, and implementation of both on-range and off-range management of wild horses and burros nationwide. Information about Reno and the surrounding area can be found at the here.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent will serve as the Division Chief for the Division of Wild Horse and Burros under the Resources and Planning Directorate. Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Program Management: Serves as the focal point on key matters of a technical, administrative and program support nature, responsible for providing high-level leadership to Headquarters staff as well as field personnel.
- Internal and External Coordination: Coordinates with interdisciplinary teams to ensure cooperative relationships and effective information sharing. Develops and maintain close working relationship with nation level non-governmental groups.
- Management of the Division?s and National Program?s Fiscal Resources: Responsible for reviewing and approving programming and budgeting plans for division functions, recommending program budget allocations to the field, and planning programs.
- Management of the Division's Human and Fiscal Resources: Plans the work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts work priorities; assigns work to subordinates; provides technical oversight and development of performance plans.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position approximately 5-days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568746900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.