This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Investigations (OI), Electronic Crimes Unit (ECU), Headquarters duty location in Arlington, Virginia of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.Learn more about this agency
- Manages staff and oversees caseloads involving computer forensic support and evidence collection/analysis for complex investigations, and investigations related to electronic crimes and/or the use of computer in the commission of an alleged crime.
- Maintains investigative, forensic and IT skills through continuing education in a complex ever-changing field. Monitors and ensures staff receives appropriate training to maintain skills needed to achieve the mission of the office.
- Supervises and manages the workload of a group of Special Agents and staff responsible for conducting investigations of computer crimes and providing computer forensic support.
- Monitors Electronic Crime Unit’s hardware and software inventory to maintain appropriate tools to investigate electronic crimes. Researches new hardware and software to determine if it would be appropriate for use by the Electronic Crimes Unit.
- Works with external IT administration and supervises forensic laboratory staff, ensuring compliance with and adherence to relevant statutory, regulatory and other guidance and standards applicable to government computer networks and forensic labs.
- Coordinates with agency IT Security Personnel related to ongoing IT security policies and issues. Coordinates with IT security personnel on allegations arising from IT security issues.
- Maintains continuing contact with other law enforcement personnel in the electronic crime area to keep current on issues related to investigating electronic crime.
- Coordinates involvement with other law enforcement agencies in working joint cases or working with task forces investigating electronic crimes.
- Conducts presentations within the agency to educate agency staff as to capabilities of Electronic Crimes Unit. Conducts presentations outside the agency to highlight significant cases investigated by the Electronic Crimes Unit.
- Prepares and reviews work products including written reports and supervises the preparation and issuance of reports of investigations.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568579000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.