Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Lead Firefighter responsible for a major piece of firefighting equipment and its regularly assigned crew of three or more firefighters engaged in airfield and structural firefighting and rescue operations and the reduction and/or elimination of potential fire hazards.
- This position will support the Federal Government?s response efforts to COVID-19.
- Leads a crew of three+ firefighters, at least one (GS-07 or military equivalent) assigned to a major piece of firefighting eq. such as a pumper, aerial ladder truck, or Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicle in firefighting and rescue ops.
- Directs firefighting crew in the operation of firefighting vehicles and equipment.
- Directs assigned crew in the performance of crash/rescue and firefighting duties at airfields handling complex (e.g., bombers, cargo, and passenger) aircraft; the performance of structural firefighting (cont)...
- ... duties for a variety of facilities which may include research and/or large industrial complexes; and the performance of hazardous material (HAZMAT) containment and control and/or Basic Life Support duties.
- Leads assigned crew and performs emergency rescue of personnel and a variety of first aid measures to alleviate further injury and prepare the victim(s) for transport to a medical facility.
- Assigns crew members to perform maintenance of firefighting equipment and fire station facilities. Performs functional tests and inspections.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568572100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.