This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Public Health Advisor (Quarantine Program) Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Public Health Advisor (Quarantine Program) , you will:
- Assist in planning and implementing a program for preventing the importation of communicable diseases from abroad and spread of these diseases domestically.
- Provide basic technical assistance on routine, non-controversial projects or activities that are covered by precedent, established policy or accepted practice.
- Monitor disease trends and consults with senior leaders to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent the introduction/spread of communicable diseases by travelers, etiologic agents or vectors.
- Prepare reports and other substantive program documentation for use in assessing and evaluating program operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568376500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.