The FTC is seeking an antitrust attorney to work in its Western Region San Francisco office. The Western Region San Francisco carries out the Commission's antitrust and consumer protection programs. The Western Region San Francisco works to prevent anticompetitive mergers and other anticompetitive business practices, and to safeguard the public by eliminating fraud and deception in the marketplace.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected to fill this attorney position in the Western Region San Francisco, you will work primarily on enforcing laws related to antitrust matters, although, given the demands on the office, you may be called on from time to time to work on consumer protection matters as well. You will perform a variety of legal duties including:
- Making initial determinations as to whether matters should be investigated;
- Determining legal theories and plans for investigations;
- Conducting and managing investigations, including interviewing and deposing witnesses, and reviewing and analyzing documents;
- Working with economists;
- Drafting complaints, memoranda, briefs and other documents, such as discovery requests and responses;
- Preparing for trial, litigating, and negotiating settlements in competition matters;
- Representing the FTC in trials and hearings;
- Engaging in advocacy and outreach to federal, state and local partners, as well as business and consumer groups.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568344200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.