Consistently ranked as the best place to work in the Department of the Interior (DOI), the Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DOI. The OIG conducts investigations, audits, evaluations, and inspections to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DOI programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
The Budget Analyst performs the following duties:
- Formulates, coordinates, prepares, and presents budget estimates and justifications in support of audits, investigations, and administrative activities.
- Explains or defends OIG budget proposals before the Departmental Budget Office or the Office of Management and Budget (OMB);
- Prepares budget execution projection plans, reports, and requirements; monitors and analyzes program operations; proposes reallocations; and responds to data calls;
- Initiates and prepares analyses and briefings related to the budget formulation process; and
- Tracks and projects payroll and FTE.
Occasional travel - Less than 10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568214200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.