What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $76,721 (Step 01) to $99,741 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: DEN-2020-XXXX
As a Research Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist within the Iowa Cooperative Fish &Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
Desirable candidates will possess the following: 1) ability to build an applied research program focused on the population ecology, management, and conservation of terrestrial species; 2) experience conducting research on terrestrial species to a changing climate, and impacts of natural and human disturbances on their habitats; 3) expertise in field-based research, and application of modern quantitative analyses and tools such as spatial analysis, capture recapture approaches, or population, community, and habitat dynamics modeling (e.g., knowledge and application of Bayesian inference, knowledge of R programming); and 4) experience designing, planning and conducting field research programs, and analyzing/synthesizing results from field research
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - Overnight travel of an average of up to 5 nights per month may be required.
15 - The full performance level for a Research position is GS-15; however, promotion eligibility is dependent upon the scientific contributions of the incumbent as evaluated by a peer panel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568144400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.