You will serve as an Industrial Hygienist with the Department of the Navy, Naval Medical Command.Learn more about this agency
This announcement uses the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
- Responsible for providing advice on scientific work in industrial hygiene and/or environmental science, including the identification and evaluation of conditions affecting the health and efficiency of employees.
- Serves as industrial hygienist and/or environmental scientist, and occupational health and safety expert/advisor on assessment, treatment, cleanup, air monitoring and sampling techniques and hazards associated with highly unstable chemicals.
- Reviews scientific research, studies, regulatory analyses and support documents, and information compiled by EPA or other organization/individuals on the effects of hazardous substance on human health and the environments.
- Develop and implement novel and advanced health and safety protocols and analytical programs using state of the art methodology to protect workers and address problems associated with environmental emergencies/uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Responsible for evaluating and reviews of health and safety plans/protocol and/or environmental assessments as required to ensure that response actions produce the least overall impact on the environment, employees involved and local populations.
Occasional travel - Relocation expenses (i.e. PCS) or relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568041700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.