This opportunity is open to applicants who have completed or who will have completedLearn more about this agency
a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within two years of the closing date of this announcement or by June 15, 2020.
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of Restoration and Damage Assessment, Restoration Support Unit, located in Denver, Colorado.
At the full performance level GS-11 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist senior staff and DOI restoration practitioners in the Natural Resource Damage Assessment and Restoration (NRDAR) Program with planning, design, costing, implementation, and monitoring of habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
2. Assist senior staff in preparing model documents and providing technical assistance to Authorized Officials and NRDAR case teams for more effective and efficient ecological restoration.
3. Assist with issues related to land and water conservation and natural resource restoration, including, but not limited to, aspects of invasive species management, threatened and endangered species management, migratory bird conservation, water quality, data collection techniques, and citizen science.
4. Keep abreast of, contribute to, and assist senior employees with providing training on the techniques and technologies associated with natural resource restoration.
5. Assist in delivering GIS data map products to NRDAR case teams, restoration partners, and the public.
6. Support Restoration Support Unit senior-level staff and case teams with environmental reviews required by the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, and other relevant statutes.
7. Enter and update the NRDAR restoration project database with restoration accomplishments and restoration milestones, coordinate with case teams to obtain restoration project information, and ensure that lessons learned in restoration implementation are shared among case teams with similar resource injuries.
8. Assist in populating and maintaining an information sharing web-based portal for relevant restoration resources.
9. Assist in maintaining the Restoration Support Unit's electronic and hard copy case files and library resources.
10. Assist in document production including word processing, formatting and technical editing.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
GS-07 Step 01 $47-421- GS 07 Step 10 $61,643 per annum. GS-09 Step 01- $58,006- GS-09 Step 10 $75,408 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
The Office of the Secretary has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567991900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.