The selectee will serve as a financial analyst in The Office of Financial Analysis, Modeling and Simulations (OFAMS), with all stages of data collection, preparation, and credit risk modeling and simulation. Areas of focus include; credit risk management; single-family mortgage performance analyses; single-family mortgage credit and prepayment risk modeling and simulations.Learn more about this agency
(OFAMS) provides quantitative analytical support for the Agency's development of housing policy; participates in policy projects outlined in the Conservatorship Scorecard; and monitors and reports on historical and projected financial performance and key business and risk metrics of the regulated entities and counterparties to the regulated entities.
The Office of Financial Analysis, Modeling and Simulations (OFAMS) conducts financial analyses and credit risk modeling and simulations to assess the financial strength of the Enterprises and to support Agency's credit policy initiatives. The Single-Family credit modeling team in OFAMS develops and maintains the FHFA Mortgage Analytics Platform (FMAP) to forecast the Enterprise's loan performance and credit losses.
- Conducts research and analysis of financial market conditions, mortgage market conditions, and regulated entity financial performance to provide support for proposed FHFA's mission, policies and regulations
- Compiles and analyzes financial data and risk metrics to assess the condition and performance of the regulated entities
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates developments occurring within the financial markets or with other financial institutions.
- Validates and reconciles financial and mortgage loan data from the regulated entities and external sources.
- Contributes to presentations of analysis to FHFA management, colleagues, other FHFA offices, and the regulated entities, and provides support to senior financial analysts preparing presentations. Provides analysis and information in support of agency testimony or other publicly released information
- Assists in the development of office strategies and work plans and determining the scope of work activities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues within and external to the office on projects or working groups.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567977300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.