As a Statistician at the GS-1530-12, you will be part of Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If selected, you will be responsible for providing advisory services to subject matter specialists, and assists staff in District Offices and other offices, as necessary, in designing, implementing and interpreting statistical analyses.Learn more about this agency
- Works on and assists with the implementation of new or existing programs that maximize the validity, accuracy and utility of the resulting data for analytic and reporting purposes.
- Advises team lead, committees, workgroups, and other entities regarding the establishment of agency policies concerning data dissemination and data governance.
- Conducts research and statistical studies or projects related to statistical computation in the preparation of labor force characteristic and employment disparities.
- Develops statistically reliable methods and strategies to merge survey, administrative, programmatic and other types of data.
- Reconciles merged data and uses statistically reliable methods to impute missing data elements.
- Provides technical consultation on statistical studies and consults with and collaborates with others on aspects of study design, analysis, and interpretation.
- Analyzes and prepares the more complex aspects of the studies.
- Provides technical assistance to other professionals on the use of complete statistical techniques.
- Examines reports and articles prepared by others within the organization as part of the peer review process.
- Applies a variety of statistical techniques such as stratified random sampling; analysis of variance; surv; logistic regression ival models; and machine learning.
- Documents and presents statistical analyses results to clients and management.
- Requests and collects employer data and performs statistical analyses in support of enforcement teams in the field and investigations into claims of workplace discrimination.
- Analyzes tabulated statistical data and uses professional judgment to determine what is reliable and of value based on established statistical principles and criteria.
- Evaluates the data, draws inferences and arrives at conclusions making use of text, graphs, charts and tables to ensure its most effective presentation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567835100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.