As a Statistician at the GS-1530-12, you will be part of Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If selected, you will be responsible for providing advisory services to subject matter specialists, and assists staff in District Offices and other offices, as necessary, in designing, implementing and interpreting statistical analyses.Learn more about this agency
- Works on and assists with the implementation of new or existing programs that maximize the validity, accuracy and utility of the resulting data for analytic and reporting purposes.
- Advises team lead, committees, workgroups, and other entities regarding the establishment of agency policies concerning data dissemination and data governance.
- Provides technical consultation on statistical studies and consults with and collaborates with others on aspects of study design, analysis, and interpretation.
- Analyzes and prepares the more complex aspects of the studies.
- Provides technical assistance to other professionals on the use of complete statistical techniques.
- Examines reports and articles prepared by others within the organization as part of the peer review process.
- Applies a variety of statistical techniques such as stratified random sampling; analysis of variance; logistic regression; survival models; and machine learning.
- Documents and presents statistical analyses results to clients and management.
- Assists with the team's support of program activities on matters concerning the EEOC's enterprise performance measurement activities.
- Oversees the development of analytical data to assist in the development of functional performance measures that effectively reflect the agency's national program performance.
- Serves as advisor in the absence of the team lead to senior agency management and field office leadership on innovation efforts, to include the collection of mission support data across program offices and field office structure for mission support.
- Analyzes tabulated statistical data and uses professional judgment to determine what is reliable and of value based on established statistical principles and criteria.
- Evaluates the data, draws inferences and arrives at conclusions making use of text, graphs, charts and tables to ensure its most effective presentation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567829000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.