We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Criminal Investigator in the Headquarters Division, you will:
- Serve as a first-level supervisor and lead a staff of criminal investigators and other subject-matter personnel responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, and guiding programs related to criminal, civil, and administrative investigations and related activities.
- Oversee projects of marked difficulty, responsibility, and sensitivity that require the exercise of tact, utilization of extensive experience, and employment of various human resource skills.
- Be responsible for the development of written reports and proposals, setting forth all facts and circumstances with a view towards substantially affecting OI program planning, organizational improvements, and relationships with other DOC bureaus and programs and external law enforcement organizations.
- Provide presentations, briefings, and reports to the Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General, Counsel to the Inspector General, AIGI, SACs, and senior DOC officials.
- Maintain lines of communication between field personnel and OI Headquarters.
25% or less - Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567457600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.