What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $76,721 (Step 01) to $99,741 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: DEN-2020-0208
As a Research Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist within the Arkansas Cooperative Fish &Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
Desirable candidates will possess the following:Abilities and experience developing and conducting basic or applied research 1) on the effects of invasive species on native communities and inter-species interactions, 2) that addresses population and demographic effects of control measures on invasive species and can evaluate, design, or validate novel approaches to invasive species control and management, and 3) that will enhance conservation of wildlife populations faced with multiple stressors including invasive species. Incumbent will have strong quantitative and study design skills to conduct large-scale field experiments and apply rigorous analytical methods to large data sets. Incumbent should bring innovative approaches and techniques to bear to explore issues regarding prevention of invasive species, to model the occurrence, distribution, and density of invasive species as well as to quantify their impact on ecosystems and wildlife.
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peerreviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - Overnight travel of an average of up to 5 nights per month may be required.
15 - The full performance level for a Research position is GS-15; however, promotion eligibility is dependent upon the scientific contributions of the incumbent as evaluated by a peer panel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567394900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.