This position is located on the staff of the Executive Officer for Collections, Exhibitions, and Programs, in the Library’s Technical Services Department. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of complex duties relating to the cataloging and processing of library materials for the Library’s collection and to the maintenance of bibliographic data in automated library systems.Learn more about this agency
- Locates, creates, and maintains bibliographic information.
- Searches bibliographic online and print resources for cataloging copy based on information supplied by vendors or library staff.
- Enters, updates, and revises data to conform to library policy.
- Transfers cataloging records between bibliographic utilities and the local library system using appropriate computer software.
- Creates holdings and item-level records for newly cataloged library materials.
- Updates holdings records to reflect changes to shelving locations as necessary.
- Performs ongoing and special projects for the review and maintenance of bibliographic data in the Library’s online catalog; evaluates modification requests from Library Reader Services staff and takes appropriate action to resolve conflicts or inconsistencies, making necessary revisions or consulting with catalogers as appropriate.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567059600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.