Amendment: Closing Date to this announcement has been extend to 6/26/2020.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD) The incumbent will serve as Supervisor, Information Technology (IT) (Portfolio Technical Director).
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 1 year. This appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 1 additional year (24 months of total service).
- Provides overall senior-level technical vision/direction and perform technical duties in support of all Portfolio Program and Project activities as described in the subsequent sections.
- Responsible for providing overall senior technical guidance tasks to support capability delivery covering design, development, component/multi-system integration, cyber security, network infrastructure and communications, cloud infrastructure, database technologies, application and operating system technologies, and handheld/mobile technologies.
- Ensures that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals.
- Provides enterprise cybersecurity and supply chain risk management guidance for development of the Continuity of Operations Plans.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and capabilities of employees.
- Develops methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD18468T
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566719600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.