SummaryJob Corps graduates of fire certified programs are encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Montana, Region 1, Northern Region.
Position is a wildland firefighter working and leading crews. May include hand crews, and/or prescribed fire crews. Work is directly related to suppression and control activities.
- Uses a variety of specialized tools, equipment and techniques to actively suppress fires and firing equipment.
- Performs the duties of a fully qualified chainsaw operator. Performs chainsaw maintenance and makes minor repairs.
- Certified in the use of helicopter long lines.
- May perform hazardous fuel reduction projects; project work such as road and trail maintenance, facilities maintenance, etc.; assist in the preparation of fuels treatment and burn plans; and collects fire data.
- Provides training in wildland fire and safety techniques, practices, and methods of fire suppression.
- May work with local homeowners, community stakeholders, various local, state, and federal agencies in an effort to educate and mitigate potential threats to these communities by wildland fire.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566649300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.