Job Corps graduates of fire certified programs are encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Montana, Region 1, Northern region.
These positions are located on a wildland fire crew. The purpose of the positions are wildland fire suppression/management/control as a specialized firefighter with responsibility for the operation and maintenance of specialized tools or equipment.
- Serve as an experienced firefighter on a hand crew or other related fire suppression crews performing fire suppression and/or fuels management duties under the most adverse conditions of climate, fuels, and terrain.
- Perform all aspects of wildland and prescribed fire operations (e.g preparation, ignition, monitoring, holding, and mop up).
- Collect fire weather data, fuel and/or soil moisture samples, maps projects, and maintains records.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations.
- Oral communication skills sufficient to effectively interact with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization, including the public.
- Perform the full range of standardized forestry support duties for fire, timber, silviculture, recreation, wilderness, or research activities.
- May perform project work such as road and trail maintenance, habitat manipulation, and miscellaneous equipment and facilities maintenance.
- May be assigned to fire lookout to provide detection and reporting of wildfires.
- Perform project work such as fuel inventory and hazard fuel reduction projects.
- All duties listed at full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566648900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.