Job Corps graduates of fire certified programs are encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Northern Idaho, Region 1, Northern Region.
These positions are located on a wildland fire crew. The purpose of the positions are wildland fire suppression/management/control as a specialized firefighter with responsibility for the operation and maintenance of specialized tools or equipment.
- Serve as an experienced firefighter on a hand crew or other related fire suppression crews performing fire suppression and/or fuels management duties under the most adverse conditions of climate, fuels, and terrain.
- Perform all aspects of wildland and prescribed fire operations (e.g preparation, ignition, monitoring, holding, and mop up).
- Collect fire weather data, fuel and/or soil moisture samples, maps projects, and maintains records.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations.
- Oral communication skills sufficient to effectively interact with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization, including the public.
- Perform the full range of standardized forestry support duties for fire, timber, silviculture, recreation, wilderness, or research activities.
- May perform project work such as road and trail maintenance, habitat manipulation, and miscellaneous equipment and facilities maintenance.
- May be assigned to fire lookout to provide detection and reporting of wildfires.
- Performs project work such as fuel inventory and hazard fuel reduction projects.
- All duties listed at full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566647800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.