Job Corps graduates of fire certified programs are encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Northern Idaho, Region 1, Northern Region.
This position serves as a standard wildland fire management position located on a wildland fire crew. These crews perform work directly related to wildland fire suppression and control activities. May also perform duties in other fuels related or ecosystem restoration projects.
- Independently performs engine operation duties in the suppression of wildland fire and prescribe fire.
- Gathers and considers information on weather data, topography, fuel types, and fire behavior in responding to wildland fire incidents.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations.
- Inventory fuel beds, perform hazard fuel reduction projects, monitor burning conditions, pile vegetation debris and act in assigned positions during actual fuel reduction efforts by prescribed fire.
- Perform project work such as road and trail maintenance, habitat manipulation, miscellaneous equipment, facilities maintenance and other resources.
- Drives engine to fire locations in consideration of safety of crew and equipment and how the equipment can be best be used in control and mop up operations.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566647200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.